At Destination Baby, we understand your experience of pregnancy, labor and childbirth matter. This is a special time, and we want to provide you and your family with the best possible experience. We provide an array of services, which can be customized to cater to all birthing and parenting needs.
Labor Doula Services Can Include
Complimentary Consultation During a Consultation, we will meet at a local cafe or your home, to discuss services offered and what they entail. Also during this time your Doula will answer any questions you or your partner may have; as well, it gives us a chance to get to know one another a little so you can decide if you would like to invest in labor support with Destination Baby.
Prenatal visits (You can choose to have upwards of 4 prenatal visits)
- Preparing your Birth Plan In birth, you have many options to choose from. During a Birth Planning Session, we will go over all of your concerns and answer any questions you may have. We don't expect all families to be able to complete your birth plan in one visit, so we usually schedule a second visit.
- Finalize your Birth Plan With Destination Baby Doula's, we want to take as little or as much time needed to visualize the birth you want. Planning your ideal birth can sometimes take more time to figure it all out, and when your ready we will meet a second time to get it on paper.
- Labor Comfort Measures You will learn Labor Positions and Comfort techniques for Labor. During this time your partner will participate in certain positions and techniques that encourages the progression of labor.
- Care Provider Visit If desired your doula will attend a prenatal visit with you to your care provider. This gives your doula and care provider a chance to meet before labor. A provider packet will be left with your Doctor/Midwife. At Destination Baby, we enjoy getting to know local Doctors and Midwives because it allows your birthing team the opportunity to also build a positive relationship.
Unlimited Support Your doula team will provided 24 hour on-call availability and phone and email support continually throughout pregnancy and postpartum.
Continuous labor support From the moment your doula arrives to your birthing place until you and your family are ready for alone time with your new baby, your doula will be there continuously providing emotional, physical and informational support to you and your partner.
Initial Postpartum Support (1-2 hours after birth) Your doula will help with baby's first feeding support and with anything that you and your partner may need at that time.
Fresh 48 Photography Provided by Erin Morris Photography ( All photos on our site are provided by Erin Morris Photography unless stated otherwise)
2 Postpartum follow-ups
1. 1-1.5 hours of follow up time. (Via Phone or video Chat)
2. 4 Hours of postpartum care for Mom and/or Baby at home
All Labor Support Includes
- Guaranteed back-up Doula
- Simple Photography if requested, using client's camera
- Ongoing support as needed and extensive referral services
Destination Baby Doulas do not replace the woman’s partner, family or care providers, speak instead of (or make deicions) her client. In addition, at no time will a labor Doula perform clinical or medical tasks, such as taking temperature ,blood pressure, fetal heart tones, vaginal exams or postpartum clinical care.